The United Kingdom is regarded as one of the best destinations for higher education and rightfully so. One of the leading countries in the world is also leading in education with Universities like the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, UCL, and London School of Economics and political science to name a few. With over 100 Universities and about 100,000 international students choosing the UK for higher education, it is second only to the USA in terms of hosting international students from all over the world.
Graduates from UK universities are highly regarded and sought after by top companies globally and one of the oldest education systems prepares the students to thrive under any circumstances, may it be personal or professional life.
Financing education is one of the major factors why the UK could be the best destination for higher education. 3 years for Bachelors and just 1 year for Masters will definitely save 1 year worth of tuition and fees and this cannot be said in the case of the USA or Canada. Also, the possibility of working 20 hours a week will definitely decrease the financial burden for the students. To sum things up, below are a dozen of reasons to choose UK for Nepalese students:
1. More than 100,000 international students in a year means the UK is very open to different cultures making it the 2nd most preferred destination for international students globally. With a strong Nepali community it is easier for Nepalese students to get adjusted.
2. The UK has 4 out of the top 10 Universities in the world.
3. Quality education, up to date curriculum, classes taught by professionals, and state of art facility; UK has the perfect ingredients for the recipe of success.
4. 2 years’ worth of Post Study Work Permit to provide you with an opportunity to build a professional career.
5. Academic support system, research opportunities at all level of education, career development centers and internship possibilities to prepare you for life after studies will surely do no harm to develop you both personally and professionally.
6. Affordability could be a concern for studding in any country and to offset those students can work for 20 hours a week during college and full time during the vacations. Also, Scholarships and Bursaries are available for deserving students.
7. Study whatever you want, schedule your classes the way you want, pick a subject of your choice.
8. Some programs offer industrial placement options so you can land a job before you even finish your studies.
9. Stay ahead of the pack by finishing your studies 1 year faster than your friends here in Nepal or in most of the other countries.
10. Opportunity to switch your visa type from T4 to T2.
11. Gateway to most of the European countries.